GREENER VILLAGE COMMUNITY FOOD CENTRE welcomes you!
IT TAKES A WHOLE COMMUNITY TO FEED A CHILD
- and the first Community Food Centre in New Brunswick is helping to improve food security for our low-income, vulnerable population.
We accept both FOOD and CLOTHING donations at our new location with convenient DROP-OFF BOXES for “after-hours” deliveries.
OUR FOOD DONATION
- effective March 10th, 2014:
We would appreciate receiving clean, reusable PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS in addition to the items listed below:
- PEANUT-FREE GRANOLA BARS for school lunches
- 100% JUICE – lunch-box size
- CHEESE & CRACKER PACKS – for school lunches
- WOWBUTTER (soy-based) or CHEEZ-WHIZ for individuals with peanut allergies
- CREAMED CORN – for homemade soup packs
- LIQUID SOUP STOCK – chicken, beef or vegetable for homemade soup packs
- CANNED KIDNEY BEANS for homemade chili packs
- PASTA SAUCE
- 900g SPAGHETTI
- CONDIMENTS: ketchup, mustard, relish, mayonnaise
- INFANT NEEDS: DIAPERS size 4 & 5, BABY FORMULA and BABY FOOD in jars
LOW SUPPLY ITEMS
- CANNED MEAT – tuna, salmon, chicken, ham
- 100% JUICE – 1 litre/family size
- SODA CRACKERS (salted & unsalted)
- PANCAKE MIX & SYRUP
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY FURNITURE, ELECTRONICS (including TV’s OR LEFT-OVER YARD SALE ITEMS.
FRESH IS BEST CLUB – Joining is easy, Food Bank clients or low income community members can fill out a registration form, pay $15.00 in advance by first week of the month, your fresh food box can be picked up at the Community Food Centre by mid month. You will receive $30.00 in value of fresh fruits and vegetables. Schedules available – email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLANT-A-ROW GROW-A-ROW – As part of your garden this year, plant and grow an extra row of your favourite veggies to donate to the Fredericton Food Bank.
We have a large cooler to keep your donations fresh!
For more information on Plant-A-Row Grow-A-Row go to this link:
NB COMMUNITY HARVEST GARDENS (NBCHG) -
GREEN THUMB GARDENING WORKSHOPS have begun!
click here for details
Cost per workshop: Non-Members – $10 or included with your 2014 NBCHG membership
For more information please contact Sandi at 471-0937 or NBCHGardens@gmail.com
GARDEN PLOTS ARE NOW AVAILABLE! Go to the web site for more information www.nbchg.org
NBCHG Executive Committee is also looking for community members to help plan the latest community garden in Marysville. For more information contact Edee at email@example.com