Greener Village Community Food Centre Welcomes You
Since its start in 1984, the Fredericton Food Bank has grown and developed into the largest Food Bank in New Brunswick. The organization has changed from a service based model to community based approach in addressing food needs. Universal access and social inclusion are primary objectives.
Services available at Greener Village Community Food Centre, Fredericton NB: The Fredericton Food Bank, Our Greener Kitchen (A Teaching Kitchen), Clothing Boutique, Community Gardens, Living Classroom for Community Learning and Recreation.
Our Food Donation Wish List
Effective November 17th 2014:
We would appreciate receiving clean, reusable PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS in addition to the items listed below:
- CHRISTMAS COOKIES
- JUICE BOXES for school lunches
- CHILDREN’S SNACKS for school lunches
- FRUIT CUPS
- CEREAL (500 g and 900 g)
- SODA CRACKERS
- BAKED BEANS
- KRAFT DINNER
- PASTA/MEAT SAUCE
- SPAGHETTI NOODLES (450g and 900g)
- MACARONI (500 g and 900 g)
- JAM & PEANUT BUTTER
- SOUP BROTH
- CANNED TUNA/ CANNED HAM
- KIDNEY BEANS
- TOMATO SAUCE
- CANNED TOMATOES
- CANNED PASTA
- CREAM CORN
- CORN NIBBLETS
- SNACK CRACKERS
- ITEMS FOR OUR MEAL PACKS: pancake mix, pizza crust mix, chicken stock, dried beans, small cans of tomato sauce
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY FURNITURE, ELECTRONICS (including TV’s OR LEFT-OVER YARD SALE ITEMS.
Current positions available:
Position Title: Clothing Boutique Volunteer
Department: Clothing Boutique
Time Commitment: Must be able to commit to a 3-hour shift (weekdays) on a weekly basis for a minimum 3-month commitment
- Sorting items (clothing, books, toys, dishes) by type, quality etc.
- Replenish boutique racks and shelves
- Light cleaning
- Excellent attention to detail to ensure that clothing is sorted to a high standard
- Enjoy working with members of the public
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods
- Must be able to do light lifting
- Sensitivity towards low-income assistance clients
"Curb Appeal Fundariser"
Notice: All Leaf Curbside Pick-up MUST now be in paper bags. Are you ready?
Paper Lawn & Leaf Bags on Sale:
5 for $3.00
10 for $6.00
20 for $12.00
Help Support the Earth and
PLANT-A-ROW GROW-A-ROW – As part of your garden this year, plant and grow an extra row of your favourite veggies to donate to the Fredericton Food Bank.
We have a large cooler to keep your donations fresh!
For more information on Plant-A-Row Grow-A-Row go to this link: