Greener Village Community Food Centre Welcomes You
In 2012, the Fredericton Food Bank transitioned from a "food bank service model" to a "community food centre model”, now called Greener Village Community Food Centre, the first of its kind in Atlantic Canada. Our vision is to provide emergency access to high-quality food in a dignified setting that does not compromise self-worth.
Servicing the Greater Fredericton Area, we provide emergency food relief to an average of 900 families a month, approximately 2,700 people, 37% of which are children. Access to healthy food is a basic human right, even to those with low incomes.
- Healthier food choices in food hampers
- Cooking workshops in our Teaching Kitchen
- Gardens and greenhouses to provide quality fruits and vegetables
- A living classroom environment for outdoor learning and discovery
For more information, please call us at 506-459-7461 and we will be happy to help you!
Our Food Donation Wish List
Effective March 25th 2015:
We would appreciate receiving clean, reusable PLASTIC GROCERY BAGS in addition to the items listed below:
- JUICE BOXES for school lunches
- CHILDREN’S SNACKS for school lunches
- CONDIMENTS: mayo, ketchup, cheesewhiz, jam
- 1 L JUICE
- CEREAL (500 g and 900 g)
- SODA CRACKERS
- BAKED BEANS
- KRAFT DINNER
- PASTA/MEAT SAUCE
- SPAGHETTI NOODLES (450g and 900g)
- MACARONI (500 g and 900 g)
- SOUP BROTH
- CANNED TUNA/ HAM/ TURKEY/ CHICKEN
- KIDNEY BEANS
- TOMATO SAUCE
- CANNED TOMATOES
- CANNED PASTA
- CREAM CORN
- CORN NIBBLETS
- ITEMS FOR OUR MEAL PACKS: pancake mix, pizza crust mix, chicken stock, dried beans, small cans of tomato sauce
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT ACCEPT ANY FURNITURE, ELECTRONICS (including TV’s OR LEFT-OVER YARD SALE ITEMS.